Sunday, March 19, 2017

My OCR Schedule for 2017

As through my blog posts I have mentioned several times I am training for a half marathon distance Obstacle Course Race.  Now I am going to post which races I will be attending and what my goals are for the races.


As you can see from my schedule I am going to be doing all three distances in the Spartan Race.  I will be collecting my first ever Spartan Trifecta (doing all three distances in a calendar year). 


My first Race is the longest and thus the one I am currently training for the Beast.  The Beast is the half marathon distance race that has 30-35 obstacles through out the race.  The race is in Montana at Glacial National Park.  I anticipate that there could possibly still be snow at this race, but time will tell.  I will have a complete write up of the race with loads of pictures.

My second race is the middle distance that has 24-29 obstacles in it.  This is actually going to be a televised event as Monterey Super is on the Spartan American Championship Series.  This race could be hot as it is in June just south of the San Francisco Bay area.  The fact that it is a televised race, could make it a little more interesting as there might be more fan fair with it.

To finish off my Trifecta I will be once again running my hometown Portland Sprint.  This is the shortest race and only has 20-23 obstacles, but last year they had 25.  I hope that the crew I will be running with improve over the  year and we will finish better then our last years time. 

My final OCR race of the year is called a Stadium Sprint that is being held at San Francisco Giants stadium AT&T park.  These races are short distance and are extremely fast paced races.  This will also be my first race running alone and I will also be running Elite.  Running Elite means that I will be running with the professional racers and I could in fact win money for coming in the top 3.  I have no delusions of grandeur that I will in fact do anything like a podium finish, but it will be the first race that I will be able to run at my own pace.

This year will be an adventure no matter what.  I never thought I would even consider running a half marathon distance in any way shape or form, but here I am signed up and thinking about my 2018 season before my 2017 season has even technically started.

No comments:

Post a Comment