Friday, April 7, 2017

Beyond General Fitness: Running: Run / Walk Combo Test 2

Well after my last test at 9 miles I was excited to see what this 10 mile run would have in store for me. 

I decided to once again work at approximately the same times and so I walked at mile 2, 5, 7, 8 and 9.  It was a little more walking, but my leg muscles were burning by the end and I thought it was best to take two extra walk breaks. 


My walk breaks really didn't slow me down too much as you can see from the paces.  Of course mile 3, 6, and 9 where my slowest because those are after I do most of the hill climbing as I get out of the giant hole I jog down into. 


Even with those my over all pace was only 17 seconds slower then my 9 mile run.  I feel that is fairly successful especially since I also did 3 strength rotations after 3, 6, and 10 miles. I did a total 55 Standard Pushups, 55 Military pushups, 45 C-Sit Abs, 45 A-Frame Abs, 30 burgees, 60 high knees, 30 lunges each leg and 33 60lbs squats.  I thought I was going to not do the final rotation as I was physically tired, but not so tired that it stopped me.  Once I started my final rotation I knew I was going to finish it.

In the end I am pretty much sold on the whole run walk combo.  I haven't slowed down that much, it helps me keep my heart rate in the zone I am experimenting with and I feel good enough to crank out my strength rotations.  I will continue my experiment for my final three distance increases at 11 and 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment