Friday, April 13, 2018

Where did Average Joe Go?

Well I know it has been a while since I posted anything.  I still am Average, and I still am fairly Fit.  I will say that blogging took a back seat as my wife got hurt and was unable to do much around the house.  So I had to become a single parent essentially for a solid few months.  I also decided to get my Masters Degree, so that is also taking a lot of time.  At first, I didn't feel like I should do anything outside of the family, school, and the occasional workout.  Although now that I am solidly in the Master's program I know that I have more time then I thought I did.

So while I am not traveling to any OCR events this year, it doesn't mean I am not doing any.  I am going to stay in the greater Portland area and give love to local events this year and probably next.  I have done two already called My Muddy Valentine (Link) and Dirty Leprechaun (Link).  I have a lot more events that I have planned, and most I will say I have never done before.  Namely, Rugged Maniac (Link), Terrain Race (Link), and a Goruck Light (Link).  I will do two events that I did last year mainly the Spartan Race (Link) with the Hurrican Heat added on and hopefully Howl at the Moon.   Howl at the Moon's website hasn't updated so I can only hope they will host it again this year.

I am around and working and being fit.  Today was a rucking work out, and I also picked up garbage along the road that I run.


I will say that carrying a twenty-pound trash bag was a hell of a grip workout.  I probably still could have picked up more, but the bag was tearing, and I didn't want to dump it everywhere.  So I tied it up and hauled it the rest of the way home.

Check out my Instagram for more about my workouts at average_joe_fit772
Don't forget Mudgear and Rock Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment