Monday, February 13, 2017

Average Joe Story Part 3: The First Steps to Reach That One Goal (Exercise).

After getting my diet under control by using a lot of small goals in order to start checking things off the mental list in order to make the end goal seem less father away I knew it was time to step up my game. 

I knew that diet alone would only get me so far in losing weight.  In theory if you control calories you can and will control weight, but I didn't just want to lose weight I also wanted to get in shape in order to keep up with my growing daughter.  So I knew it was time to start exercising. 


When I lost weight the last time I tried to do too much to quickly and fell off the bandwagon, but the exercise that I was doing did help me lose weight. 

So I dusted off the old Insanity workouts from (https://www.beachbody.com/)  and started the work out again. 




This time I started with the knowledge that I had gained from the last two months of dieting.
So I started with simple small goals once again.  Workout everyday for the first week in the Insanity calendar.  Then finish two weeks of the calendar. 

Then again the goals got bigger.  Finish the first month of Insanity.  Then finally finish the entire 60 day workout plan.  I had never finished the whole schedule before.  I washed out before finishing the most recent time, but this time I was determined to finish. 

I did finish and then went through a second time.  I was continuing to lose weight and even better then expected I was losing more then one pound a week which was amazing. 

I was getting stronger with the pushups and the workouts weren't nearly as danghting as they once were.  I was dedicated and ready to lose the weight once and for all.

Or so I thought!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment